The Waverly/Lansing Catholic Women’s Swim team traveled to Eaton Rapids on 9/28 and to the Haslett Invitational on 9/30. The ladies had some impressive results.
9/28 vs. Eaton Rapids
Waverly/Lansing Catholic ladies placed in the top 3 for all events against Eaton Rapids. Highlights include:
– First place in the 200 Yard Medley Relay for the teams of Rita El Jbeily, Laney Nestor, Natalia Sudol and El Jbeily. The team of Molly Chorpenning (freshman), Marie Kohrman, Kelli Ray and Mary Sanders was second.
– First place in the 200 Yard Freestyle for Joy El Jbeily with a time of 2:14/74. Maggie Sanders was third.
– First place in the 200 IM for Kohrman with a time of 2:35.66. Ray placed second.
– Freshman Joy El Jbeily placed second in the 40 yard freestyle with a time of 27.09. Chorpenning took third.
– Natalia Sudol placed first in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 1:14.28. Ray came in second.
– Senior Rita El Jbeily was first in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 55.95. Mary Sanders was second.
– Senior Kohrman and Nestor took second and third in the 500 yard freestyle.
The Warrior Cougars beat the Greyhounds 108 to 68.
Haslett Invitational 9/30
Waverly/Lansing Catholic swimmers competed against nine other teams from the region on September 30. Notable accomplishments include:
– Third place finish for the 200 yard medley relay team of Rita El Jbeily, Marie Kohrman, Joy El Jbeily and Natalia Sudol
– First place finish in the 200 yard freestyle for Rita El Jbeily.
– First place finish for Rita El Jbeily in the 100 yard butterfly.
– Third place finish in the 100 yard breastroke for Marie Kohrman.
– Third place in the 400 yard freestyle relay for the team of Rita El Jbeily, Mary Sanders, Natalia Sudol and Marie Kohrman.
Senior Rita El Jbeily was awarded the swimmer of the meet for the forth time at the Haslett Invitational. Overall, the ladies placed 4th of 10 after St. Johns, Jackson High School and Williamston.
The Warrior-Cougars compete twice this week at Mason on 10/3 and at home against Ionia on 10/5. Be sure to come out to cheer on your swimmers!